Re: A89: Fw: StarFox -Reply

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: Fw: StarFox -Reply

In a message dated 11/19/98 6:07:40 PM Eastern Standard Time, Jkhum98@aol.com
writes:

> Hmm, thats too much of a change and it doesnt really mean anything. Didnt
> you
>  (author) say that you'd like to keep it as close as possible and the name,
> its
>  what catches your attention first of all...?  Isnt adding the "89" after
>  StarFox signifigant enough so that you will not get sued? Just make sure
you
>  keep the "89" there at all times, and once its released, we have to make it
>  habit to remember the 89, if we discuss it... =P
>
>  															--Jason K.

I would make sure to chance the story line significantly (at least the names
of the characters) and change the name from StarFox.  I think StarWolf is
good.  I mean if it is too similar NOA has every right to sue you, even if
they don't win you'll have all kinds of lawyer bills, not to mention the
wasted time you could have been working on your game :)  I think it is just in
your best interest to change the game enough as to not draw too much attention
to it.  You could even make a spoof of the original game.  It is just not
worth the name change from StartFox to Star Wolf to have to go to court and
have that general hassle.  There are other games similar to StarFox that
didn't get sued by NOA because they didn't use any code form the original game
(not like they could) and there was significant differences in the game play
and story line.

~Chris