From: Michael Bryan Cook <MBCook@MBCook.com>
To: Assembly-89 List (E-mail) <assembly-89@lists.ticalc.org>
Date: Tuesday, November 17, 1998 4:54 PM
Subject: A89: programming help and Mario questions

>Hey. I have a few things. Here are a few questions for you guys:
>
>1. Do you think that I should make it so that the engine is like a
>library and you just make small files so it could run many games?

I don't know what other's say, but I think it's a good idea ONLY if you make another game as an
example of how to use it.

>2. What do you think of the title screen I chose?

What were the other three?  I can't remember them since it's been a while since I've looked at them.

>3. Make sure that you download my PGP key!

Doing that.

>4. Do you think there should be speed adjustment?

The more features, the better.

>5. Do you guys really want Mario 89?

YES!!!

>6. Do you think I should change the title so it's not confused with
>Mario 92?

NO!!!

>7. If yes to number six, what should I change it to?

If you have to, change it to Mario Brothers, and just add a two-player mode.

>8. Can we stop with the survey to the next version of plushell?

I've dropped it a while back.  After stating my opinion, and reading those of others, there is no
point to drag it on, since nothing new is being said.

>9. Do you guys think I should release an alpha even if all it's just
>the title screen and all the sprites?

Sure.

>10. How do you display a four grayscale pic using hufflib. It's
>compressed and it's at the label "title"

I didn't think greyscale pics were compressed using Huffman compression, based on what I've read in
this list.

>11. Should there be an oncalc level editor?

The more features, the better.

>12. Is there a way to take grayscale screen shots?

With what?  A digicam?  Maybe if you read the manual or somthing... mine doesn't.

>13. What is stored in the "data" type of files on the 89?

Data.  More specifically, it's a two-dimensional array that can store any kind of character.

>14. Is there a list somewhere of the functions in filelib?
>15. Any other suggestions?

How about adding coins and making Big Mario and Fire Mario and a story line part of the game as
well?  I hate the fact that Mario92 isn't even close to Mario.  It's just a sidescroller, with
enemies that are killed in a similar manner to Mario.

-Miles Raymond