Re: A89: Re: Survey for the next version of PlusShell

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: Re: Survey for the next version of PlusShell

In a message dated 11/15/1998 10:12:44 AM Pacific Standard Time,
nlmueller@students.wisc.edu writes:

> Not if we agree on a set of functions to include beforehand.  If we just
>  stuck to those functions, upgrades would all be compatable and would only
>  increase speed.  If we just agree on a common set of functions for one
>  "master" library and put everything else inside programs we would probably
>  save the most space since we are only putting the most commly used
>  functions in a library.  Only having one library would be easier for the
>  user to mannage and understand -- espically if they don't understand the
>  point of functions.  As a developer you have to believe that users are
>  idiots to create the best programs.
>
>  	--Nate

Good point.  However, what would happen if someone figured out how to do
something really cool, and everyyone wanted to use it.  If this was a big
function, it would be worth it to add it to the library.  One library would
only be a good idea if it were not to be updated often.

Daniel Imfeld