A89: question

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A89: question

OK, I know that interrupt routines are mostly used to keep track of time...I
have a couple questions though: Can you have an interrupt routine that just
checks for a key press 200 times a second so you will never miss a key press
(will this work?)?  Also if you install more than 1 interrupt routine will
that screw everything up (one to keep track of time and 1 to keep track of a
key press)?  And can someone name a sprite routine that handles large sprites
(somewhere in the range of 16X8 or bigger) with masks....

one more question...

say I want a character to move back and forth(2 positions) but he is in front
of another character who is also moving back and forth (speeds varying)...Now
everytime I delete the top character to move to the second position (with a
bunch of 00000000's...is there a better way then using a lot of 0's?)  my
bottom character will get partialy deleted(ie legs because he is a little
higher than the other character); how can i avoid this...Do  I just
incorporate the characters legs into the top characters sprite?  But there are
other problems because the speeds will be varying...Do i like use say the d7
register to keep track of a number 1-4:

1=top character at left side and bottom character at left side postion
2=top character at right side and bottom character at right side position
3=top character at left side and bottom character at right side position
4=top character at right side and bottom character at left side position

and then display the sprites accordingly?

I hope this makes sense and someone can help.

-THANKS-