Re: A89: Survey for the next version of PlusShell

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: Survey for the next version of PlusShell

In a message dated 11/11/98 4:03:31 PM Eastern Standard Time, river@gte.net
writes:

> With the huge capacity of the 89's memory, should
>  we really need to use libraries and/or kernels?  Why not just use only the
>  built-in assembly support, saving everyone the effort of dealing with the
>  extra files?

l think, that because the 92 and 92+ use the libraries, the 89 should also.
In about a year there will be more programs to put on the 89 than avaliable
space (trust me).  However this is a good thing.  Anyway l think that since
the 89 is still very young we need to decide what we are going to decide
_right now_ before we get way into making games for the 89 and decide it's
time to change something major like this.  l'm voting for the libraries, l'm
willing to only have one compatible game (solitaire) on my calc while l wait
for the first 89 games to be converted.  While not much is avaliable for the
89 yet let's choose the best method (which l think is the libraries), and
change around everything we're going to _now_ while it's easier (if we need to
change anything).
--TurboSoft

Visit the TurboSoft Homepage:  The most current Basic programs created by
TurboSoft for the 89.
<A HREF="http://members.aol.com/turbosoft/turbosoft.html">
http://members.aol.com/turbosoft/turbosoft.html</A>