Re: A89: info requested

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: info requested

the 89.
 However, if you plan on using games and such that were designed for a shell,
you
 need to have the libraries on your calc.  Basically, the libraries allow
 programmers to share common code so as to save space on your calc and make
their
 job easier.  You can make games that do not require any libraries, i.e.
Nibbles,
 but this can lead to wasted memory.  These games are compiled the same way
all
 other assembly programs are compiled.

can you give me some examples on how libraries save space...i know that on the
85 libraries were basically "outlawed"...what functions do the libraries
serve?  Do some library functions take the place of some rom calls because ti
hasn't released any rom info yet?  ie. clearscreen/zapscreen or whatever...or
do they for instance contain maybe sprite routines so progs can call the
routine from there and not include it in the string itself...if the 85 shells
didn't use libraries even though the lack of memory why do most people use
libraries on the 89 with all the available space?  I'm just a beginner so no
flames!

-Steven-