Re: A89: hiscore.ini?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: hiscore.ini?

In a message dated 12/29/98 12:38:39 AM Pacific Standard Time,
Daniel7073@aol.com writes:

> As a followup to my last post, the problem with having a program allocate
>  memory to be preserved when it is not running, is if the program was
updated
>  the new version would not have the right handle.  Furthermore, storing the
>  handle would be a problem if the program was in archive memory.
>
>  Daniel Imfeld

This is why a universal ini-type file would be useful. Programs in the archive
can still call libraries and such, can't they? And can't libraries read and
write files? That's the whole point. This file contains the info for all
programs that use the "INI" for hiscores and settings. Another plus is new
versions. If information from old programs is preserved when a program is
deleted, Tetris 2.0 could come in and be able to read the old Tetris' high
scores. That way, when updates for a program come out, you don't lose
everything.