Re: A89: hiscore.ini?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: hiscore.ini?

In a message dated 12/28/98 8:56:14 AM Pacific Standard Time,
m_rayman@bigfoot.com writes:

> I think that a seperate highscore file should be made and maintained by the
> shell/OS.  There should
>  be a seperate section for each program, and this file should be dynamic,
> increasing when a new
>  program requests write access, and decreasing when the associated program
is
> deleted off of the
>  calc.  I know this would require a bit of programming, but I thought about
> having a seperate program
>  to do this.

Please, whomever implements this, do NOT make them seperate files! That would
be like... hell! Also, it's worth considering NOT deleting old hiscores and
settings, so that if a program is reloaded, all the scores and settings are
there. Of course, having a calculator not crash for more than a week will be a
novelty until Doors OS has been tented. :) But everything should definately be
in one file... I can't bear to think of millions of little text files
cluttering up the calc- one bloated one would be better. :)

BTW, this file could be used for program settings as well as high scores- just
look at your win.ini.