Re: A89: hiscore.ini?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: hiscore.ini?

In a message dated 12/27/98 7:56:27 PM Pacific Standard Time,
oh@hem.passagen.se writes:

> At 22:43 1998-12-27 EST, you wrote:
>  >
>  >In a message dated 12/27/98 7:19:15 PM Pacific Standard Time,
>  >ZeromusMog@aol.com writes:
>  >
>  ><< What's a person to do? I suggest that in future versions of Plusshell
> and
>  > Doors OS, they support "INI" files, almost exactly like the ones found in
>  > Windows. That way, settings, hiscores, and stuff like that can be stored
> in
>  > there, and the program, which never changes, can be in the Archive.
>  >  >>
>  >
>  >i think this is a good idea.  now if only i knew how to do that...
>  >

>  Yes it's a good idea, only that I don't see why It has to be in the shell..
>  For the best security, use an own cryptosystem.. Maybe not because you are
>  better than the coders of doorsos or plusshell to code encryption system,
>  but because there is less chans that someone is motivated to hack a
>  cryptosystem that just enables him to change the highscore for one game..
>  but If it was in the os, most game would use it, and there is a much
>  greater motivation to hack it.. (But I hope people who have so much skill
>  so they are able to hack it, has so much brains that they understand how
>  rediculous it is to change highscores.. but.. people are stupid.. you never
>  know)
>
>  //Olle

Really. People are that stupid. I know someone who would do something like
that... but I shudder at the thought of millions of small files floating
around my RAM all the time... it would be nice to have it be hidden in one
place... maybe even be subtle about it?