Re: A89: PLEASE ANSWER MY QUESTIONS!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Jeremy Moore wrote:

> C'mon people.  I thought we were supposed to help people with questions.

OK here is it:

> > > I also have some questions.  I'm sure they're easy for most of you,
> > > but I am a beginner, so please have patience.
> > >
> > > 1.)  When you wait for a key press (like when using idle_loop, I
> > > believe), how does that work?  Does it transmit the basic getkey
> > > number equivalent into d0?

  idle_loop waits for the keyboard flag (kb_vars+$1C) to be set, and
then puts the keycode (MaxHandles+$1E) into d0.

> > > 2.) How do you turn off the BUSY indicators as well as the whole
> > > status line.  I mean like if I push 2nd, I don't want it to display
> > 2nd.

You have to disable autoInt 5.

> > > 3.) I've read other's code but don't understand how they change font
> > > size. Especially how to write to the status bar.

To change the font size you have to use the ROM function FontSetSys:
example:	move.w	#2,-(a7)	;Font size #2 = big font
		jsr	doorsos::FontSetSys
		addq.l	#2,a7

To write to the status bar, there is also a ROM function ST_showHelp:
example:
		pea	message(pc)	;pushes the adress of the string to write
		jsr	doorsos::ST_showHelp
		addq.l	#4,a7

I hope this helps..

Xavier VASSOR