Re: A89: Suggestion: A simple C compiler

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: Suggestion: A simple C compiler

In a message dated 12/22/1998 12:42:01 PM Pacific Standard Time,
oh@hem.passagen.se writes:

> The flashrom chip that is in the 89 has the feature that you can write
> protect
>  certain blocks.. therefore you dont need any extra rom chips.. everything
is
>  stored in the same chip.
>
>  //Olle

That's a very good design.  Here's another Flash ROM question.  When the chip
has been written to up to it's limit (10,000 times I think), does the chip
cease to function, or can you still read data from it?

Fro example, If I ran the BASIC Flashrom program, which continually Archives
and Unarchives a variable, when the chip was finally worn out, would I still
be able to read from the chip, or would it be ruined permanently?

Daniel Imfeld