Re: A89: Othello

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: Othello

At 14:27 1998-12-19 +0100, you wrote:

>I'm planning to do an Othello game (I have already done one for two players
>on the same calc) for two players with the link cable and one player vs the
>calc. Has anyone an idea how I could code the AI (artificial intelligence)
>of the calc and how to transmit data with the link in assembly ?
>Thank you.

Othello is probably a quite easy game to make a computer that plays
fairly well. You'll need to learn about adversary search (used in games
like othello, chess, checkers etc), and an excellent page about that is:

 http://www.insight.demon.co.uk/Computer_chess/Graham/formcmp.htm

The page uses a chess game as an example, but the technique is identical
with othello.

//Jimmy Mårdell

E-mail: yarin@acc.umu.se
Homepage: http://www.acc.umu.se/~yarin/