Re: A89: How to turn a 3d voxel into a 2d pixel

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: How to turn a 3d voxel into a 2d pixel

In a message dated 12/18/1998 2:02:14 PM Pacific Standard Time,
nlmueller@students.wisc.edu writes:

> But you sill need to account for the x value, but I assume you would have
>  done that too.  This works, but the image will probably look distorted --
>  ie.  a cube will not appear to be a cube.  I guess you're also making the
>  assumption that as objects get further away, z goes down.  Remeber that the
>  further away a point is from the observer the closer it appears to <0,0>.
>
>  	--Nate

I haven't read any of this conversation yet, but I know you're talking about
3D programming.  Look in this book: Cutting Edge 3d Game Programming in C++.
It is published by Coriolis, and retails for $39.99.  It talks about basic 3d
programming, collision detection, shading, basic AI, sprites, morphing, and
texture mapping.  When you finish the book, you will have built your own 3D
engine.

It's a great book, and I found it helpful for my PC programming

Daniel Imfeld