Re: A89: Suggestion: A simple C compiler

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: Suggestion: A simple C compiler

>Couldn't a library be made to comply with the TI-BASIC form of calling, as
>well as asm calling?
>What I mean is something like:
>filelib(#of_function[,parameters])
>so reading a file could be like:
>filelib(1,name_of_folder,name_of_file)
>and writing could be similar:
>filelib(2,name_of_folder,name_of_file,type_of_file)
>
>In the writing case, the type of file could be one of the TIs specified
>file types, or binary.
>(which would show up as ASM in the VAR-LINK menu)

Yea, I was thinking reading would return a list with each element being a
line in a text file.  Writing would write a string to file, or append a
string to a file.  Something like this would be necessary for an on-calc
compiler/assembler, since I think the best language to write it in would be
BASIC.

	--Nate