Re: A89: Not Individual

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: Not Individual

Robby Gutmann wrote:

> >Whoops!  My bad.  I'm sorry if I screwed anyone up.  Anyhoo, what the
> >hell are 89xz files then?
> >

> A figment of your imagination.  89 programs have the format .89?, where
> ?=p,i,z, etc.  p is for program, i is for image, and z is for assembly.
> There are a whole lot of others, but none that have a 4 character
> extension.  You are probably confused because 92 files are .92?, and 92+
> files are .9x, but none of them have 4 letter extensions.  I think because
> of the format of the VAT on the calc, all the names on the comp have to be 8.3.

Not really.. in fact the VAT on the calc has 8 char file names, but
files on your computer could have long names, because the name of the
variable(TI) is not the name of the file(comp); the name of the variable
is stored into the file (comp) header.
Hope this is clear :)

Xavier VASSOR
---The Doors Team