Re: Re: A89: Backups

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Re: A89: Backups

If I recall correctly the 89 has a full version of the 1.00 system version in
a regular ROM chip(1Mb chip I think).  The first time it is turned on after
losing power (or crashing and rebooting) the system is loaded in to the Flash
ROM.  I can't easily see how you could keep the calculator working properly
after a loss of power unless this is the case.  If the system in the Flash ROM
were accidentally, or intentionally, corrupted the calculator would be
unusable and could not be recovered.   Upgrades to the system or new
applications would be lost in the event of power loss.  Even if some code was
still in the Flash ROM the system wouldn't know the address of it.