Re: A89: timer port

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: timer port

yes..  But it's not the frequncy you write to the port...
it is correct though that a higher value will give a faster interrupt..
what it does is that it increases the value on written to this port with one,
every 4th instruction, and when this value reach 0, it is resetted to the value
written to the port...  It is when this resetting occurs, the interrupt is
triggered..

//Olle

Daniel7073@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 12/15/1998 10:07:30 PM Pacific Standard Time,
> nlmueller@students.wisc.edu writes:
>
> > Hz = cycles/second
> >
> >  If the value is 5 Hz, that means:
> >
> >  5 = 1/time
> >  time = .2s
> >
> >  Quite simple.
> >
> >       --Nate
>
> Thanks for clearing that up.  I thought it was much more complicated, but I'm
> glad that it's not.
>
> Daniel Imfeld

Follow-Ups: References: