Re: A89: ReCompiling Phoenix89

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: ReCompiling Phoenix89

> I've taken a look at the code for Phoenix, and it says to change the
> d1 in the beginning to an e1 (why e?) for a faster game.  So I did,
> but now I can't compile it.  I downloaded Phoenix again and it
> compiled fine, then I changed d1 to e1 and it wouldn't compile, it
> just crashed.  Anyone have any ideas?

That changes the value written to the programmable timer.  When this
number is changed to $e1, the length of the timer's cycle decreases
and the frame rate should increase from about 32 frames per second to
around 48 frames per second, which is likely to be too fast.  It might
not actually run at that speed all of the time, because controlling
and drawing all of the objects might take too much CPU time.

(I have no idea why it won't compile)