Re: A89: Address Error: Original Question

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: Address Error: Original Question

>>>thats not true.
>>>
>>>move.l #xxx,a0 moves #xxx  into a0
>>>it basically does the same as lea xxx,a0.
>>>
>>>move.l xxx,a0  moves the content of the memory at $xxx to a0
>>
>>str 8 is not a valid label
>>if I remember, he originally had str+8 the first time he posted
>

>str+8 should still work.

of course it should.
unfortunately the compiler doesn't differentiate between what he should have
typed and what he actually did type.  add to this the fact that the batch
program sets the -g flag, you can end up with an extremely hard to find
error.
what jimmy was getting at is that str 8 is not going to work at all, which
as a matter of fact is _true_