Re: A89: Re: Holy god what did i do???????

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: Re: Holy god what did i do???????

In a message dated 12/4/98 6:35:11 PM Pacific Standard Time,
brabeler@ticalc.org writes:

<< That's why you use an internal modem. :)  However, I have an internal
 modem, mouse, and Graph-Link, and they all work at the same time for me. >>

The problem is that Com 1 and 3 use the same interrupt (IRQ), and so do Com 2
and 4.  So, you can't use Com 2 and Com 4 at the same time.  You have to have
a device on one of these unplugged, or maybe you just can't use them at the
same time.  Of course, if you have a PS/2 port, you can plug your mouse into
that, and you will have more ports free.

Daniel Imfeld