Re: A89: SndLib Use

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: SndLib Use

In a message dated 12/01/1998 7:45:52 PM Pacific Standard Time,
assets@eden.rutgers.edu writes:

> Not even possible.  That would mean you could only run sound from within the
>  interrupt and there's no way you create anything except possibly a low
>  frequency doing that.

Like I said, that would be extremely difficult to do.  However, if Windows
does can play a WAV file with other programs running, it may be possible, but
I'm not sure if it can be done in small enough of a size.

By the way, what I was talking about was a kernel that would implement time-
slicing, in which the kernel determines what runs when.  (This is exactly how
Windows works, but windows uses a more advanced form of time-slicing)

Daniel Imfeld

Daniel Imfeld