Re: A89: Starting out assembly, need help

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: Starting out assembly, need help

In a message dated 11/30/1998 6:22:42 PM Pacific Standard Time,
TurboSoft@aol.com writes:

> Thank you, l see what you mean.
>  Earlier you or someone else said that storing to an odd RAM address (like
>  1501) is BAD, so is that why you might not want to do move.b 150, -(a7)
>  because b would be 1?
>  l can see how storing things to RAM addresses is a great thing, but how do
> you
>  know which ones to use?  How many are there?

The 68k Processor does not allow words or longs  (16-bit or 32-bit numbers)
to be stored to an odd RAM address.  I'm not sure what happens if you do.
Probably an exception is thrown, but that's a different, more advanced topic.

The number of addresses depends on the amount of RAM in the machine.  (188K
for the TI-89.)  Usually, you will not use the RAM addresses directly, except
in certain I/O operations.

Daniel Imfeld