Re: A89: Distubing assembler error

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: Distubing assembler error

Your right, no COMPILER require indentation(that I am aware of).
But many(if not most?) assemblers follow that convention.
You might notice as you travel down towards machine code that more is
required of the programmer than the compiler.  Basic does everything for
you, syntax checking, bounds checking, etc. Assembler does very little
for you.  It will tell you if it can't assemble, but nothing
else(depending on the assembler).  Therefore you have to follow the
'rules' more carefully.  The assembler won't pick up your slack.  I like
it much better that way, anyway.

-Adam