Re: A89: Starting out assembly, need help

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: Starting out assembly, need help

The timing doc on ticalc.org has the timings as abs.s - 8/12; abs.l - 12/16;
d(pc) - 8/12; immediate - 4/8

I don't really know how to interpret these numbers; I don't even know what
is meant by abs.s or abs.l
it _would_ be nice to know though, if anyone would like to enlighten :-)

I don't see any reason why one method would be any faster than the other; if
there is a difference, it's probably trivial.   But, if you use a relative
address often (excluding looping over a relative address), you will save
space over an absolute address since the opcode is shorter.  It's probably
best to use relative addressing except when you need to create data
structures.