[A86] Re: TI-86 Disassembler

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A86] Re: TI-86 Disassembler

On Wed, 4 Sep 2002 01:53:46 -0500 "David Phillips" <david@acz.org>
writes:
> I figured that's what you were thinking, but it's clearly not what
> you said
> :)

Bah, saying what you're thinking is overrated.

> Yep.  I was thinking you could have an emulator like VTI mark which
> bytes it
> has executed and which bytes code has looked up, in an attempt to
> help the
> dissassembler.  There's likely a lot of tricks that can be used,
> many that
> are the same as a dynamic recompiler (since it has to detect self
> modifying
> code and all that fun stuff).

If you could write an emulator to follow nearly all executions paths
(pick all values in a given set for user or other external input), it
would be useful for a number of things, and just a darn nifty
accomplishment.

The disassembler I tried off of ticalc tried to detect code/data.  It
could never get any indirect code references, but it was a good start.

-rabidcow

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.