[A86] Re: _getky flaw and weird 6-line-bug

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A86] Re: _getky flaw and weird 6-line-bug

I don't see anything in the code that would be causing this behaviour.
Perhaps it is a weird bug in the ROM (doesn't seem likely).  There are three
key reading routines:

_getkey -- pause until key is pressed, returns value in A, uses kName
equates
_getky -- checks if a key has been pressed, returns value in A and OP2, uses
K_NAME equates
_get_key -- like _get_key, but faster, returns value in A

When you read keys like that, make sure that you put at least one HALT in
the loop, or the CPU will run constantly at full power and waste more
battery power than is necessary.