[A86] Re: bin2var help

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A86] Re: bin2var help

On Sat, 19 Jan 2002, David Phillips wrote:

> Richard Stallman would be happy with that name.  The only distribution I
> know of that calls it that is Debian, but since Debian is cool, it must be
> correct.

I used to use Debian. But I got sick of the packaging system. I can't
stand packaging systems, so I did LFS (Linux From Scratch,
linuxfromscratch.org). I have the source to everything I have.

The assembly header worked fine. I got Hello World to work!

> You would do something similar for a plain text program:
>
> $ printf "\000" > tmp
> $ cat tmp text.txt > tmp
> $ bin2var tmp text.86p
> $ rm -f tmp

This didn't work. The files still come out scrambled!

Thanks for the past, and hopefully in the future help,

Ryan M. McConahy