[A86] Re: Grayscale Putsprite

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A86] Re: Grayscale Putsprite

> I am currently using David Phillips' GraySprite routine. It only puts 8x8
> (has to be masked) sprites. It is pretty good, but I need a routine that
> displays any size sprite, can be masked, and is pretty fast (small would
be
> nice, but not a priority). I want to use SDR16+ from Macross Software
> (www.macross2000.org) but it just won't work, either version!!! And it's
not
> just because I'm stupid (i hope :-) Because I have gotten almost all the
> other grayscale routines I could find to work. I think my problem has
> something to do with Find_Pixel. (If any of you have downloaded sdr (1st
> version) you know what I mean. You need to switch pages or something.)

Zelda 86 has larger sprites.  If you want multiples of 8, like 16x16, then
it's easy to use, just call it multiple times.  Sure, could be more
efficient, but will work fine for most stuff.  And, if you have a lot of
sprites that are not 8 pixels high, it's easy

> "Real programmers code in pen during math class."

Funny you should mention that.  The original routine that you are refering
to was done on paper during class my senior year of high school.  I think I
had a scan of it somewhere on the ACZ site.