[A86] Re: Async Link Routine

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A86] Re: Async Link Routine

Is there any sort of software flow control or error correction in the
protocol that you could take advantage of?
If you're putting a higher level network stack on top of it, could you
just ignore errors at this level and let the checksum or whatever take
care of it?

-josh

On Tue, 12 Feb 2002 19:03:25 +0000 "David West" <bdaddy_mit@hotmail.com>
writes:

> Hello,
>
>      For my application I will not have control of the PC side.  I'm
> trying
> to write a program to dial into SLIP or PPP hosts.  I haven't
> thought about
> trying to use the USB link.  I wanted to run RS-232 eventually to
> make use
> of old 9600 baud external modems.  I could also just cook up my own
> protocol
> converter that is more user friendly, but I was hoping to build this
> network
> stack to be usible with the existing graphlink.  Cause I would think
> most
> people would have that.
>
>      It sounds like people seem to agree that this is a real problem
> and
> that there isn't much to be done about using the graphlink in any
> sort of
> full-duplex way.
>
> Thanks,
>
> David E. West