[A86] Re: The f'n 86 screen

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A86] Re: The f'n 86 screen

I would assume that only your code has this problem, and therefore it is =
an=20
error of yours and not a hardware problem with the calc.  My first though=
t=20
in reading it was that you did something really weird, likely accidentall=
y.=20
That really weird thing would be changing the number of bytes per row tha=
t=20
the screen uses, using port 4.  Or you possibly changed the interrupt=20
speed.  But, I think the more likely problem is that your grayscale routi=
ne=20
is faulty.  It sounds like the planes aren't aligned.  Why are you using=20
3-level instead of 4-level?  With a 1:2 ratio 4-level looks good and is=20
essentially flicker free (flourescent light makes it barely noticable). =20
Try some code to make the 1/4 of the screen black, the next 1/4 dark grey=
,=20
the next 1/4 light gray, and the bottom white.  You will then know if you=
r=20
grayscale routine is working correctly.

>        I have been having many problems with the screen of the Ti-86.  =
In