[A86] Re: ROM / RAM equates database

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A86] Re: ROM / RAM equates database

> Van: David Phillips <david@acz.org>
>
> If you want a database with a web interface, let me know and I'll make
one.
> Josh's site has hundreds (thousands?) of calls documented, and you could
> enter them if you like.  Let me know what fields are necessary.  Probably
> something like:
>
> calc
> name
> alternate name
> address
> description
> notes
> example

I though we will need a 'backbone' to hang all the
adresses/names/description at. So the format will be basicaly this type:

[Name]
No. | General | Ti73 | Ti82 | Ti83 | Ti83p | Ti83pSE | Ti85 | Ti86
=> What to do if there are more than 1 name used for the same thing on one
platform? (AKA, are more dimensional arrays possible in MySQL?)

[Description/Notes/Example]
No. | General | Ti73 | Ti82 | Ti83 | Ti83p | Ti83pSE | Ti85 | Ti86
=> Normaly you will have only one description, in-depth description (memory
adresses used, etc.) can be strored in the platforms own records.
=> There could be made a seperate (source-)example table.

[Reference]
No. | reference1 | ref..2 | --> 'ad infinitum'
=> (I mean like "See also: entry-number 100", Where 'entry-number 100'
could off coarse could be replaced with the general-name)

[Ti82 16.0]
[Ti82 17.0]
[Ti82 18.0]
[Ti82 19.0]
[Ti82 19.006]
[Ti83 ...]
[Ti...]
No. | entry1 | entry2 | --> 'ad infinitum'
=> Entries range off coarse from $00000 to $FFFFF, for paging... (Could be
a little trouble if TIOS uses other page-numbers than
direct-hardware-acces)

With these last I'm not quite happy, as you can imagine... Could it be done
better? (? more dimension arrays ?)

What about 'hyperlinking'? For example, in the description I say "the ROM
call uses adress foobar", it would be nice if this word could be linked
through to it's own entry. I do know that there is not really a possibility
of automating this kind stuff inside a database. This is more something of
the program that uses the database.

> Probably MySQL with web interface using PHP.

You said it...

The problem is that I would like it to be accessible off-line (via a
program). I want to be able to add new records off-line, and be able to
upload them later. Since I don't want to stay connected till I have (for
example) added the aprox. 100 ROM calls I have already documented for the
Ti83.

> Some of us do :)

I guessed so... :-)

	Henk Poley <><