[A86] Re: SDCC v2.3.0

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A86] Re: SDCC v2.3.0

> Van: David Phillips <david@acz.org>
>
> > I'm afraid there's no Z80 compiler that has the 'inline' function (as
in
> > GCC, etc.).
>
> See, that's the problem with compilers.  If you look at modern day
> compilers, things like the "register" keyword are obsolete.  Watcom was
like
> that, and I'd think gcc is the same way.  There is no "inline" keyword in
> (did they add that in C99?), only C++.

There is one see 'ISO/IEC JTC1/SC22/WG14 N843 Commity Draft (August 3,
1998)':
----------
               function-specifier:
                       inline

        [..]
        [#5]  A  function declared with an inline function specifier
        is an inline function.  (The function specifier  may  appear |
       more  than  once; the behavior is the same as if it appeared |
       only once.)  Making a function an inline  function  suggests
       that calls to the function be as fast as possible.107)   The |
       extent   to   which   such   suggestions  are  effective  is
       implementation-defined.108)
       [..]
----------

>  But it shouldn't be needed.  I'd
> rather the compiler determine what should and shouldn't be inlined at
> compile time depending on the optimization switches and the target
> architecture, than put the information in the code.

Oh, yes, off coarse. (But) would you be able to do that? (make such a
compiler)

> > Ever got make working on a Windows machine? !!Without downloading
CygWin!!

> What's wrong with Cygwin?

Size.. (unless somebody could send me CD with it)

	Henk Poley <><