[A86] Re: ASM Math

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A86] Re: ASM Math

Do you mean the function calls like OP routines? I believe these are
documented in the 83+ SDK, and its the same code as in the TI-86.

Asm isn't "awful" at math. The Z80 CPU simply has little instruction support
for integer math and no instruction support for floating point mathematics.
The instructions it has math wise support integer addition and subtraction,
and bitwise rotations and shifts. If you need to extend the math, you must
do so using mathematical algorithms. Perhaps personifying an instruction set
as if the CPU programs itself seems quite funny, more the fault lies in the
programmer whom utilizes it ineffectively. Perhaps your complaint lies with
the z80 processor, its very limited. If your primarily complaint is that,
then I suggest you program more modern processors in asm language.

I've assume you tried to usual: guide.ticalc.org and ti86.acz.org

Matt