[A86] Re: [OT] ACZ?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A86] Re: [OT] ACZ?

ACZ is dead in the sense that we are no longer doing any ti calculator
development. Since most of us are in college or have full-time jobs, we have
to kind of reevaluate our priorities, and its hard to program for computers
when the electricity gets turned off.

Rusty was probably one of the ones that got a job a bit later than everyone
else, so just like us now he has college and like everyone else has bills to
pay for and classes to attend. As far as I know Rusty and I both are working
on GBA stuff, although admittedly Rusty (as usual) is kicking a much higher
ass threshold. But don't expect much from me anytime soon, unless my job
lets go off of their vise-grip on me.

I personally met both Rusty Wagner and very recently David Phillips in
Phoenix (we later went to DefCon9). So, its cool to have a programming group
where you know people and share interests with them.. and perhaps get an
excuse to say, travel to Def Con in Las Vegas, or just fuck around in
Clearwater.

As you notice some of the better groups like Icarus, people just grew up and
out of it, and have to live their own lives. ACZ was a cool opportunity to
do a lot of things, not just relieve boredom but also to have an excuse to
work on a project that shows off your skills or just do some fun stuff, and
it probably helped me get my latest job also.

I think the ACZ server is like completely in David's hands.. I think there
is something or was something running in Kansas but that probably went
by-by.

Matt
http://web.tampabay.rr.com/optic2000/