A86: Programming Questions....

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A86: Programming Questions....

Hey, all you experienced programmers, I have a few questions for the ASM
programmming of the 86.  I used to program some small stuff in ASM, but it
has been a few years and I have lost my info to read and learn from, and I
have forgotten how to do what I did before.  I was really not that
experienced as it was anyway, but that is besides the point.  What I am
really looking for is someone or some people to be able to ask any question
of ASM for the 86, and get a response that makes sense, and someone that
will help, and not be too busy to respond.  I have gotten some ideas from
guide.ticalc.org, and a few other great sites.  I have also DL'd all the
game files in the 86 ASM directory from ticalc.org.  But so far I don't know
how to put my background onto my calc's screen!!!  It amazes me, but I don't
know how to do it.  I am also still trying to get used to using the
variables in the 86, all the flags, etc.....I am just basically looking for
a part time mentor, maybe someone who has an AIM name, so we could chat once
in a while, instead of really slow email tag, or an mIRC name, or maybe IRC
number.  DONT BE SHY HERE!  I have many good ideas for games, they are well
thought out, and I just do not <unfortunately> have the knowledge to create
my stuff.  I have done some experimenting, but I don't know exactly HOW to
put the <and oh so painstakingly mapped> background for my first game to the
screen.  It is in Hex format, and I USED to be able to get it, but it was in
85 ASM, w/ZShell.  Thank you all, keep programming, and I will join you
soon!

Christopher