[A86] Basic Problem with prog (I think...).

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A86] Basic Problem with prog (I think...).

To whomever may help me,
    I was having some errors with the below program. I wanted some help. IM using ASM 86.

;*************************************************************************************
;*                               HELLO WORLD v 1.3
;*                                By Dillon Foley
;*
;*
;* High level Language transition (TI-86 BASIC).
;*
;* Compiled by Assembly Studio 86
;* destroys hl
;* 67 bytes, 85 cycles
;*************************************************************************************

#include "ti86asm.inc"   ; Include file (NOT NEEDED)
#define clrLCD call _clrLCD / call _homeup ; using define cuts down on size and cycles.

.org _asm_exec_ram       ; Starting point in memory (NOT NEEDED)

    nop
	jp ProgStart         ; Jump to the beginning of the prog
	.dw 0
	.dw ShellTitle       ; Text to show in some shells
    .dw icon             ; Icon to show in some shells

icon:                    ; Icon data
    .db 8,1
    .db %11111111
    .db %10000001
    .db %10111101
    .db %10111101        ; A small box with a black center.
	.db %10111101
	.db %10111101
	.db %10000001
	.db %11111111

ShellTitle:
	.db "Hello World! ver 1.4",0 ; Shell Title

ProgStart:
	call _runindicoff    ; turns off run indicator (NO BASIC TRANSLATION)
    clrLCD               ; Clear screen
	ld hl,string         ; Load hl with string (string|->|hl)
    call _puts           ; Display hl (DISP hl)
    call _getkey         ; wait for key press (pause)
    clrLCD               ; clear screen

;*                                   VARIABLES!

string:
.db "Hello World!",0     ; Define string as "Hello World!" ("Hello World!"|->|string)
	ret              	 ; Return to home or shell

; NOTE: in a basic program, the definition for string would have to go above line 13
; (ld hl,string) is line 13

.end

http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup