[A86] Re: Headers

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A86] Re: Headers

You're not the only one who does that.  Many people do.  However, you were
the one I decided to point out, because with your message it was blatantly
obvious.  But think before you send a message (not just you, everyone).  You
sent 80 lines of text (the entire message was over 4k) to everyone on the
list, which probably includes at least 100 people.  What if everyone did
that with every message that was sent?  It takes less than five seconds to
remove the unnecessary portions from the reply text.  Sure, maybe I'm on a
fast connection and at my desk, so it doesn't take long to download the
message.  But what about when I'm checking mail on my Visor or HotSyncing
with it to read my mail on it later?  It's just common courtesy.  Something
way too many people on the internet have seemed to forget.  I don't care
about anyone else, if I can send that email three seconds faster, screw
them.

(I'm just ranting in general, not directed at you, again, you just make a
perfect example)