[A86] Re: Escape Time Algorithm

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A86] Re: Escape Time Algorithm

you're probly better off using binary rather than op registers, even for
numbers that require 2 or more bytes (boolean operations in bcd at least
sound hard/slow)

That said, here's the rom calls used by basic:
(there may be a faster alternative that doesn't use the fp stack)

"a and b":
  load a to op1 here
   rst $18 ; push op1 to fp stack
  load b to op1 here
   ld a,$40
   ld (_ASAP_IND),a
   call _BINOPEXEC
   ;result in op1

for "or", use $30 instead of $40
for "xor", use $31

btw, every two input function available to basic is accessable through
this call, with different numbers stored to _ASAP_IND (see
http://members.nbci.com/_XMCM/rabidcow/programming/ti86/index.html#i2 )

-josh

On Thu, 5 Apr 2001 11:52:33 EDT Appelkore@aol.com writes:

> That's incredible... makes sense, though. The pictures are almost
> the same --
> not quite, but that probably has to do with the low # of iterations
> I'm using.
>
> Anyone know the ROM calls for OP1 and OP2, OP1 or OP2, etc? I
> realize for
> this program, all the numbers I'll need will fit in 8-bit registers,
> but I'd
> like to know the fp boolean calls for programs involving larger
> numbers.
>
> -- Jonathan Marcus
> Appelkore@aol.com
>
> >ClDrw