Re: A86: 16-bit Rotations

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: 16-bit Rotations

i always thought it was carry, which seems completely backwards.
rr & rl rotate through/including carry, while rrc & rlc don't
circular makes more sense to me (except that technically, neither is
circular...)

-josh

On Thu, 21 Sep 2000 21:33:34 -0600 "David Phillips" <david@acz.org>
writes:

> Every instruction reference I've seen is circular and not carry.
> Though,
> either way makes sense.
>
> > > rlc and rrc are rotate left carry and rotate right carry
> >
> > I always thought rlc and rrc stood for "Rotate Left Circular" and
> "Rotate
> > Right Circular"?  Maybe I just made that up cause it made sense
> when I
> first
> > learned the mnemonic, since the bits kinda "circle" around their
> given
> > address/register... ;)

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.