Re: A86: 86 Benchmarking

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: 86 Benchmarking

I don't really think that will work. you need to know the exact number of loops
in a second, and assembly is much more suited for that. Let's see... the
processor speed is what, 6 MHz? That's 6,000,000 cycles. so make a small looping
program that just counts 6,000,000 cycles and stop it. store the number to a var.
switch on the turbo. run it again. store to another var, and comapre the results,
multiply, and you've got the MHz increase.

Of course, I may be totally wrong, and making a fool of myself right now. But
think is what I thought you meant.

Mike