Re: A86: A challenge or something

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: A challenge or something

The basic method of generating numbers is to have a long buffer of bits.
Every time a new pseudo-random number is desired, you take some boolean
combination of the bits and use it, you shift all the bits in the buffer back
one, dropping the last, and add the freshly generated bit to the front,
repeat for however many bits are needed. This is a method rather easily
implementable on a computer. Another method starts with a decimal buffer.
Every iteration, the number is squared and a number of digits in the middle
are kept as the new buffer. Both methods require initial data, and knowing
the algorithm and this data, all output can be predicted. I have an example
implementation of the first in my [poorly-written] lights out, if you would
like a look-see e-mail me or the list back

      Keith Amling
      KiwiCado23@aol.com