Re: A86: Re: game of life

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Re: game of life

uh... wuzza?  let me be more clear:

if you run my prog from a shell, or put a  : after it, it will load
random data from rom:
call _RANDOM
ld hl,(_OP1+4)
res 7,h
ld de,$fc00
ld bc,1024
ldir

if you run it from the home screen or from a basic prog & it's the last
command on the line, it will use whatever's on the display at the time.
this lets you load a custom pattern to the screen with a basic program.

here's how i check for a shell:  (cuz this is a programming list, so
there :P )
ld a,(_asm_reg_a)
or a
jp z,not_in_shell

i had observed that a was zero when called from the homescreen, and one
when called from a shell.  later on i realized that this is set to zero
if there's nothing left on the current line, but it still works for
programs with names less than 8 characters, unless the shell uses
exec_asm and clears a before calling...

i suppose this might not work with all shells and all rom versions.  beh.

-josh

On Sun, 8 Oct 2000 16:15:09 -0500 "Steve W"
<comfortably_numb_@hotmail.com> writes:

> u dont even have to make it that difficult, all you gotta do is use
> the
> random number call and then load h and l with different random
> numbers then
> set it to 1024 bytes and ldir to the graph buffer

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.