Re: A86: Re: game of life

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Re: game of life

I definitely noticed some interesting behavior in Colony when I tested
it.  If you keep adding cells far away from the others, they immediately
disappear but the rest are reevaluated also, and you get all kinds of
wierd, flowing patterns.  Too bad I could only fit a 10*10 grid on
there.

Cassady Roop

rabidcow@juno.com wrote:

> 2d cellular automata.
> it's one of those math game/theory thingies that has very little to do
> with reality.
> it's actually possible to build computers with a large enough field.
>
> -josh
>
> On Wed, 04 Oct 2000 07:11:26 -0700 Cassady Roop <croop@oregontrail.net>
> writes:
> >
> > I saw this somewhere before.  I think I used these rules when I
> > wrote
> > Colony.  But I never really found any background info on the whole
> > idea... what is Life?  Mathematical Biology?
> >
> > Cassady Roop
> >
> > David Phillips wrote:
> > >
> > > Nice :)
> > >
> > > Are you using these rules?