Re: A86: Assembly Studio 8x released

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Assembly Studio 8x released

i just wrote a program (not output plugin) to send a file to vti using
key messages.  (it simulates f10,filename,enter)
it's really an ugly hack, but it works, so i'll upload it to ticalc (with
source so people can see just how ugly)

-josh

On Sun, 12 Nov 2000 13:40:38 -0500 David Reiss <davidr42@optonline.net>
writes:

> On Fri, Nov 10, 2000 at 05:10:58PM -0800, rabidcow@juno.com wrote:
> > i don't quite remember, but i think asm studio had an option to
> build
> > &
> > send to vti.  i would love that.
> >
> > ... lots deleted ...
> >
> > -josh
> >

> You're probably thinking of the plugin I wrote a while back. It
> doesn't
> technically send anything to VTI, it creates a state file on the
> fly
> containing the new program, and then copies it over the default one
> in
> VTI's directory. Pretty simple, actually. Of course, it has a few
> limitations that affect large projects (doesn't support
> suplimentary
> files, writeback, and probably a few others I forgot). And there's
> no
> way to force VTI to reload state files, so it has to be reloaded
> manually if it's running.
>
> It's still available for download on the asmstudio page, for what
> it's
> worth. I've pretty much stopped using my TI-86 and I primarily run
> linux now, so I doubt I'll be improving it at all in the future.
> If a few new hooks are added in the asmstudio plugin api to get
> information about projects and supplimentary files and whatever,
> I'm
> pretty sure most of the limitations can be overcome, and the VTI
> reloading thing can be fixed by adding something (windows messages
> are
> easiest) to VTI allow external programs to force it to reload a
> state.
>
> If anyone wants to work on it, or if you're just curious, email me
> and
> I'll send you the source and whatever else it needs.
>
> --David

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.