Re: A86: 'Integrated' Shells

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: 'Integrated' Shells

>You can always disassemble the rom's menus and just use their original menu
>entries!
>
>prgm_menu:
>    .db 9,3
>    .dw basic
>    .dw asm
>    .dw $099d

Well, that would be great if the ROM didn't change over time... I
tried running KShell on ROM 1.6 (I wonder if it ever worked), and the
Pgrm edit pointed to the Matrix Edit! Now THAT is some odd stuff....

KShell is a nice technique, but it is heavily undocumented on the
calls (even the most basic ones are : call $xxxx for practically
everything...) so I can't exactly decipher the thing very well. I
have gotten most of it, but oddly enough, there are still bugs that
prevent it from working in most cases...

The technique described by Josh to activate the pgrm/edit, (since it
uses ROM page D calls, which seem to be immobile since v1.3) will
probably suit my needs better, although I am still going to be
tempted to override the Pgrm menu once testing is finished... (There
will allways be a 'safe' uninstall button inside the shell so you can
'remove' it) I will have a 'tome' and setup prog... setup will
install/uninstall/disable/enable the tome, and the uninstall key will
disable the sqrtKey, and to remove it, the setup prog will have to
delete it.

-Krev
--
----
"Science describes how our universe reacts in a mathematical