Re: A86: breaking and other related things

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: breaking and other related things

1. This might get rid of the pause lines, but the run indicator (the
moving lines) will still be there:

:Lbl LOOP
:getky->KEY
:if KEY=0
:goto LOOP
: ..........a key was pressed, keycode in KEY

I think...  It's been a while since I've messed with 86 TI-BASIC.

Another way, which would get rid of the run indicator in its entirety,
would be a small assembly program that you could run from within the
BASIC prog, *unless* the 86 has some thing where it resets flags when it
returns to the basic prog.  I *think* this will keep the lines away
until your prog finishes:

.org asm_exec_ram
call _runindicoff	;turn off the run indicator
ret

this would be a tiny little program, but its effects, like I said, might
not be permanent enough to show up when it exits back to your basic
program.

2. No.  You cannot disable the on-break in pure BASIC.  In fact, I don't
think you can reliably do something in assembly that would keep a BASIC
prog from dumping when you press the on key, but then, it's been a
while, so I'm not sure.  I remember I got it to disable breaking once,
but it would crash after the program exited.

Cassady Roop
croop@oregontrail.net
simmoraltech.ticalc.org