Re: A86: VAT size

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: VAT size

> > 2.  What other than a wipe of the VAT, does a mem reset do? (if
> > anything?)
>
> Actually it doesn't even wipe the VAT. Basically, it wipes page 0.

And what is the purpose of that?

> > 3.  If I were to change the _p_ptemp and _ptemp_end pointers to their
> Not sure what you mean here. However, it's dangerous to tinker with those

What I mean is, if there is no 'counter' to tell the calc how many VAT
entries there are, then aren't those two pointers the only things that
tell the calc how long the VAT is?  So, if I were to find out what the
pointer values are at initial power-up, and then change the pointers to
those values when I have a VAT with a bunch of stuff in it, then the
calc will only see what it sees when the VAT is at initial conditions,
even though the info is still there.  Basically I guess I'm saying is:
By changing those pointers can I manually change the border of the VAT,
so that it appears to be empty even though there is still data in it;
the data is just beyond the new VAT border...

> > If any of that makes sense...

Cassady Roop

Follow-Ups: References: