Re: A86: Hi! It's Bubbaloo13 (grayscale)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Hi! It's Bubbaloo13 (grayscale)

if you move the stack, you have to either set up your own error handler,
or be very careful to make sure no errors occur such as fp div by zero,
potential link errors if you use _getkey (which i guess you wouldn't),
any sort of "undefined" or "data type" errors, etc.  in other words, use
only simple rom calls.

just another reason why i like having the second plane at $f000.  along
with the fact that i'd rather not go to all the work of copying the
stack.

i've got a pretty spiffy grayscale routine myself, you know.  it flickers
though, i need to move a few things out of the interrupt routine for it
to be of any use.  but you get seperate up/down key messages and a fifo
key event buffer!  isn't that fun! :P  i was even working on adding
automatic link communication.

what's a "port drift bug"?

-josh

On Thu, 20 Jan 2000 00:00:37 -0700 "David Phillips" <david@acz.org>
writes:

>And after you read that, here's a real grayscale routine:
>
>- Flicker free 4-level grayscale
>- Allows use of _getcsc (_get_key) with no down-left bug or port drift
>bug
>- Utilizes user routine memory to save space in ram for the program
>- Moves the stack to $F700
>- Contiguous grayscale planes at $F800 and $FC00 for easy
>copies/effects
>
>http://david.acz.org/gray.asm
>
>> Heh like aol will be any better :-)
>>
>> http://ti86.acz.org/grayscale.htm
>>

>> In a message dated 1/19/00 10:52:38 PM Eastern Standard Time,
>> GoodFeelings4Me@aol.com writes:
>>
>> > I was having too much trouble with Juno, so I switched accounts.
>So
>anyway,
>> >  anyone know where I can learn about how to do greyscale pics? If
>this
>is
>> too
>> >
>> >  much to put in an email, can you address me where to find out
>about it?

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.