A86: Re: www.ticalc.org parody

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A86: Re: www.ticalc.org parody

> From: "Bryan Rabeler" <rabelerb@pilot.msu.edu>
>
> Ok, I'll work on something...
>
> But did you take a look at Kirk's parody of ticalc.org?  It can be
> found here:
> http://www.mines.edu/students/k/kmeyer/ticalc.org/  It's quite funny
> I must say.
> :)  Although one improvement I would make is take the "It sucks."
> option off the
> survey and just leave the first option by itself.

that's amazing! what are the communist colors though? aren't those the
colors of the communist _russia_? two problems i saw with the site that
would make it a true marxist-communist joke:

 1 you should never be allowed to write www.ticalc.org or have any
contact with those predestined to rule over you. kirk, get rid of the
'contact us' email links. the government knows what's best and doesn't
need any commoner speaking his mind. (have you ever seen the simpsons
episode where lisa asks a question and the teacher gets all flustered and
hits a little red button under her desk. it then flashes to the
principle's office where a red light blinking 'free thought' is on the
ceiling. the principle says something like, "oh god, we haven't had a
free thought in ages. what do i do?" or something. it's hillarious!)

 2 similiar to the first semi-contradiction, there's a pole service on
the right of the screen allowing visitors to voice their oppinions as to
whether "it sucks" or "it's awesome". no need, remember that lenin
propogated the fact that communism is perfect. it has no flaws. there is
no question as to whether the ideas could ever not be "awesome".

for weeks i sat idly by while i downloaded these loaded list items
discussing the evil www.ticalc.org swearing i would never partake in the
discourse, i really need to hold to that. this is a waste of time. none
of us are qualified probably to discuss this junk, atleast i'm not. that
site (http://www.mines.edu/students/k/kmeyer/ticalc.org/) is amazing
though; it's up to date also!

jimi malcolm
mailto:malcolmj1@juno.com