Re: A86: New Shell/Differences between ROM versions

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: New Shell/Differences between ROM versions

> the main issue is, is it slow enough to make a difference?
>
> -josh

Definitely.  My shell, File Manager, has several rather neat features,
but is a crappy shell (at least at current version) because I used the
ROM's VAT search routines.  If you have three pages of variables, it
takes more than a second to display!  It really gets annoying because it
does it EVERY time you exit a program, and EVERY time you change
anything, so those 156000 cycles per prog really add up.  I'm working on
my own search routine, and I suggest anyone else that makes a shell to
do so as well.

Cassady Roop